Whether you’re getting seniors to treatments and appointments or taking them on outings and shopping trips, reliable senior transportation is a core part of providing senior living services. Independent living centers, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, and adult day centers can face the daunting challenge of providing senior transportation in a cost-effective, safe, and timely manner.
A complete program takes more than a car and a driver. There is much to consider:
- Vehicles – senior transportation requires safe, ADA-compliant, wheelchair and stretcher transportation vehicles
- Fuel and maintenance costs
- Drivers – not just anyone can transport seniors; drivers must be thoroughly screened and trained as well as properly managed
- Worker’s compensation – a specialized NEMT takes on worker’s compensation liability for drivers, and NEMT drivers are trained to lift and move passengers, reducing driver injuries
- Liability and insurance costs – vehicles, drivers and senior living facilities must all be insured in case there’s an accident of any kind; a specialized NEMT can take on these risks
- Legal documentation, administration, planning and technology – a proper transportation program can only exist with the right support
Experienced NEMTs with the right people, processes and technology can cost-effectively and efficiently create senior transportation programs – so you can focus on what you do best, providing quality care.
Why choose Express Medical Transporters?
Professional drivers and safe, dedicated vehicles
We are proud of our team of highly-trained, compassionate drivers and our extensive fleet of vehicles. We offer the following benefits:
- Fleet to accommodate a flexible number of passengers and volume of rides
- Vehicles that are inspected, insured, registered, up-to-date and compliant with federal, state, local and ADA standards
- Wheelchair and stretcher transportation setups as well as ambulatory vehicles for those who are mobile
- Thorough screening program for new drivers
- Drivers who are fully insured and trained in wheelchair transportation, CPR, defensive driving and assisting those with disabilities and special needs
- Professionalism – having drivers arrive in uniforms and driving marked vehicles
Technology has transformed transportation, and we are outfitted with the support systems to plan and deliver efficient programs, including the following:
- GPS systems and security cameras on vehicles
- Secure key FOBs that identify who is driving a vehicle
- Route tracking and reporting software that logs where a vehicle is at all times, the speed of the vehicle and any events during a route
- Secure, constant communication with drivers
- System backups, such as redundant Internet systems
Express Medical Transporters is flexible and capable of meeting your organization’s unique needs. We work with our partners to provide solutions, including the following:
- Adapting to their billing system
- Offering early morning pickups, evening runs and weekend runs
- Providing dedicated drivers who work exclusively with one facility group, as needed
- Complementing any existing senior transportation programs
- Providing co-branding opportunities
- Reducing rates with efficient routing
- Scaling the volume of rides as needs change
- Supporting group outings
Have questions? Let's talk!
We would love to speak with you about how we can best meet your organization’s transportation needs.