Reports to: Director of Operations
The Mechanic will perform repair work and maintenance for cars, vans, and other motor vehicles in the company’s fleet.
Since 1996, Express Medical Transporters has had one mission – to provide compassionate, safe and timely transportation to those who need it most Over the years, we have grown from a small St. Louis startup into a 300-person team with an extensive vehicle fleet and locations all over the St. Louis Metro area, and in Baltimore, MD.
Our core values drive our commitment to quality service for our partners and passengers. We hire only those who want to make a difference and then give them the training to follow through and exceed expectations. The result is a harmonious relationship with our partners and exceptional care for passengers.
- Maintains vehicles, which may include a company’s fleet of cars, vans, heavy equipment, and other motor vehicles.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance including oil changes and tune-ups.
- Performs tests on specific parts and systems to ensure proper function.
- Identifies mechanical problems either visually or with computer diagnostic equipment.
- Examines critical parts and systems using a standard checklist.
- Repairs or replaces malfunctioning parts and systems such as brake pads, belts, water pumps, transmissions, and other mechanical parts.
- Plans and establishes timetable to complete repairs and maintenance.
- Visits job sites to inspect vehicles.
- Test drives vehicle to confirm safe and proper operation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of vehicle repair.
- Excellent mechanical repair skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read service and repair manuals.
- Proficient with computer diagnostic equipment and software.
- Able to work "on-call" hours that includes early mornings
- MUST HAVE OWN TOOLS
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Vocational/technical school program or apprenticeship in auto repair or related field preferred
- Two years of related experience preferred.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform repairs and inspections.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work safely in a noisy area with many odors present.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- $23.00 per hour to start
- Paid weekly with direct deposit
- Paid training but must have own tools
- Vacation after 1 year and holiday pay after 90 days for full-time employees
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance after a 60 day waiting period for full-time employees
- $200 referral bonus available
- Nights and weekends off.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. EMT reserves the right to revise job descriptions or change and/or modify job responsibilities, functions and requirements as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
"*" indicates required fields