Reports to: Logistics Manager
The Dispatcher-Router will coordinate and schedule drivers to pick-up and deliver passengers in a safe, efficient, and timely manner.
Since 1996, Express Medical Transporters has had one mission – to provide compassionate, safe and timely transportation to those who need it most. Over the years, we have grown from a small St. Louis startup into a 300-person team with an extensive vehicle fleet and locations all over the St. Louis Metro area, and in Baltimore, MD.
Our core values drive our commitment to quality service for our partners and passengers. We hire only those who want to make a difference and then give them the training to follow through and exceed expectations. The result is a harmonious relationship with our partners and exceptional care for passengers.
- Answers incoming Zello calls and email communications
- Serves as Call Center Representative prior to 7am on weekdays and during operating hours on Saturdays, including taking calls from Maryland clients
- Schedules drivers for pick-up and delivery; selects most efficient routes for each driver
- Anticipates weather complications along routes and at the drivers’ destinations; communicates delays and route changes as necessary
- Maintains radio and/or phone contact with drivers; receives and dispatches response and emergency aid when needed
- Maintains calm communication with and provides instruction to incoming callers
- Produce and maintain cost efficient and timely routes
- Meet all deadlines relating to schedules set up for the routing process
- Coordinate with Dispatch to establish route standards for time and miles
- Provide excellent customer service when working directly with customers, agencies and employees
- Maintains the routes for accuracy and efficiency
- Prepare reports and records when necessary for appropriate planning and decision-making
- Always demonstrates and promotes a safe environment
- Collaborate with various internal departments to ensure that they fulfill all customer requests
- Collect and analyze data concerning consumer behavior to understand changing needs
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to execute directions accurately and with speed
- Basic understanding of geographical area and mapping programs to facilitate efficient routing
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, delegating when appropriate
- Proficient with or able to quickly learn dispatch and recordkeeping systems
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates degree in Transportation, Logistics, or related field preferred.
- At least three years of related experience required.
- Must successfully pass drug test and FBI criminal background check.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $15 per hour to start
- Paid weekly with direct deposit
- Paid training
- Vacation after 1 year and holiday pay after 90 days for full-time employees
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance after a 60 day waiting period for full-time employees
- $50 bonus after completion of both training and first full week of scheduled shifts and a potential to earn an additional $100 bonus after 30 days of employment, $100 bonus after 60 days of employment, $100 bonus after 90 days of employment with good attendance and performance.
- $200 referral bonus available