**OPEN INTERVIEWS** Every Wednesday & Thursday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
RSVP by text to 314-881-1711 with Name & Date Attending.
EMT - 5912 N. Lindbergh Blvd Hazelwood MO 63042
Bring 2 forms of ID
Stretcher Van Driver
Express Medical Transporters, an established and growing non-emergency transportation service company is looking for warm, lighthearted, and caring individuals who also enjoy learning new things to join our team. Our Drivers are a critical part of our company, so it is vital that the people on our team are a good fit with our commitments and shared values. If you love making a difference in other folk’s lives and take joy in helping someone who needs you then please apply.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Since 1996, we have provided compassionate, safe, and timely transportation to people in our community who need it most. Many times, we are assisting passengers with disabilities, special needs, the elderly, or even a child with no other way to get to school. Our clients love that we are safe, helpful, and friendly, even though they may be going through a difficult situation. We love that our work allows us to serve the community so much that some days, it doesn’t feel like work.
- Pre-trip inspection of the vehicle at the beginning of your shift for safety
Operate the vehicle within the limits of all laws and obey all traffic signs/signals
Arrive on time to all scheduled stops
Communicate with Dispatch regularly throughout your shift
Assure each passenger is properly secured with lap, shoulder belts and tie downs
- Monitor passenger activity periodically while taking care not to become distracted
Maintain proper licenses and training as mandated by management
Alert Site Supervisor of any problems so we can help
Maintain flexibility as situations can and will change frequently
Experience working with wheelchairs and stretchers highly desired
Must possess a valid Missouri Class E driver license or obtain before employment. Also must obtain an S endorsement prior to start.
No driver license suspension or revocation for moving traffic violations within the last 3 years
No more than 2 moving traffic violations within the last 3 years
No felony convictions within the last 7 years
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Ability to work independently and as a team in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with emphasis on timeliness and safety
- Must pass a pre-employment strength and physical fitness assessment to assure safe performance of the Stretcher Driver job
- Must be able to lift 135 pounds from floor to waist
Must successfully pass a DOT physical, drug screening, and FBI criminal background check
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- $15.00 per hour to start
- Paid weekly with direct deposit
Vacation after 1 year and holiday pay after 90 days for full-time employees
Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance after a 60 day waiting period for full-time employees
- $50 bonus after completion of both training and first full week of scheduled shifts and a potential to earn an additional $100 bonus after 30 days of employment, $100 bonus after 60 days of employment, $100 bonus after 90 days of employment with good attendance and performance.
- $200 referral bonus available
- Able to keep company van at residence for a weekly fee of $10
"*" indicates required fields