Accounting Clerk – Full Time
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for assisting the Accounting Department in Accounts Receivable and Billing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prepare and process billings to ensure that all client invoices are billed accurately, consistently,
within client requirements and on a timely basis.
• Ensures all data processing be accurate, consistent and within client requirements.
• Ability to utilize external client on-line billing systems.
• Verify discrepancies by clients and resolves billing issues.
• Maintains daily, weekly and monthly logs, plus cross checks for completion.
• Prepare and process monthly journal entries.
• Invoice billing reports monthly.
• Manage weekly AR collections.
• Maintains accurate files for the accounting department.
• Ability to communicate professionally internally and externally.
• Attention to detail is critical.
• The successful candidate must be deadline driven.
• Attendance is important to stay on schedule.
• Maintains confidentiality.
• Performs other work as required or assigned.
Education, Skills & Experience:
• Two-year degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
• 1-3 years’ experience as a Billing Specialist or Accounting Clerk.
• Ability to articulate and convey information effectively in both group and individual situations.
• Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers.
• Clerical accounting experience.
• QuickBooks experience a plus.
• Typing speed and accuracy.
• Experience with 10-key.
• High degree of attention to detail and trustworthiness.